Tuesday, September 25, 2012

cats in brooklyn in the morning


i missed taking photos with chuck, so he, my chum ritu, and i dealt with the death of alarms at 6am and metro-ed it to brooklyn bridge park. i thought the lighting would be better at that time of day, but no. it's ok, we ate breakfast at la bagel delight after the mini shoot. everything bagel with ham, egg and cheese--hell yaz! even though homework, projects and the horrific knowledge of knowing i have a cold waiting for me have contaminated my recent way of living, it was nice to get away through photos, even just for a morning. i think photoshoots are like my artistic catharsis, actually they are, along with blogging.

also, i just scored this sweater from housing works--living in soho has it's toll, but i've been pretty good, first and only purchase since moving thus far!...i think. my cat apparel collection is growing and i'm very content about it. can you count how many cats there are in this post? (myself included obvi: i mean i meow when i'm emotional and i often communicate via lolcat memes, therefore i'm probably definitely a cat)



























sweater-housing works, skirt-anthropologie, backpack-myungdong market in seoul, socks-anthropologie, shoes-call it spring

photos c/o chuck kuan (same guy who took these

it's funny--these photos are really growing on me. in the moment at 7am in the exotic lands of brooklyn i felt tired, like i had make up on way too early in the morning, and more tired. but looking at the waterfront, remembering that clueless, simplistic early morning feeling--it reminds me all too much of my shoot with isabelle at alki (woops, still need to upload the pics isabelle took of me, also guess what, isabelle is coming to nyc in a few weeks I KNOW RIGHT). it was actually sunny in seattle for that alki shoot, OH THE IRONY OH BROOKLYN OH SEATTLE OH LIFE.

there is a 'behind the scenes/extras/crap-i-was-breathing-awkwardly-in-that-photo' post on the way. 

song of the moment
(i remember interviewing gowe for a short documentary i worked on in high school. real down to earth guy. no word is taken for granted in his songs. his beats are perfect for chillin', homeworkin', bummin', breathin', wishin' you had a life-in', celebratin' the times you do have a life-in', get the picture. his music, especially "by the sea," reminds me of seattle--simply chill, subtly emotional.)

1 comment:

Jamie said...

ERIN YOU ARE SO FREAKIN ADORABLE!!! I miss you and I wanna photoshoot with you! Ahh and the research project. Bringin back memories of high school :) Much <3, Jamie