Within the last day, I felt a strong urged to write another blog post! ;)
Last night I went to my church's Thanksgiving Eve service and my favorite part of the service was listening to what children were thankful for. Here are some of my favorite quotes from the evening (besides the popular, but still meaningful "I'm thankful for my family and friends" ;) ):
"I'm thankful for tractors and lions." (it sounded more like twaaactoes and wye-ons)
"Bad things can be good things." (maybe it's just me, but I thought that was pretty deep for a 5-ish year old!)
This guy's was long, but it went something like "I'm thankful that God made the Earth because if he didn't make the earth, we would all be living in space and we would have no where to live, so it's nice we live on the earth."
That was killer. I laugh (and will laugh) whenever I think about that quote/kid. But it's true! Thank God we live on Earth and not in space! ;)
I also enjoyed this one lady's quote. It was something like
"When God takes something, he always gives something back."
Lots of people are probably meetin' up with our relatives whom we haven't seen in ages, or watching Macy's Thanksgiving Parade (that US Pizza Twirling team was snazzy!), but hopefully we won't forget the deeper good stuff of today--of being thankful and being able to embrace everybody!
thankfulness (n): consciousness of a benefit received
and as I close out this post, I just want to make a minimized list of what I'm thankful for:
- for one, as I'm writing on it, my blog! i'm so glad i'm able to to have a place where i can share my stories, vent my strifes and have a venue through which i can meet other people across the globe who appreciate things that i do! which segways into...
- i'm so thankful for those who read my blog. it just means the world to me to think that someone cares enough to spend at least a couple of moments to read what i write, see the things that i post, and to simply get to know me (hopefully creepers don't follow my blog to get to know me in the wrong ways...). anyway, this list is becoming not-minimized, so moving on...
- school. despite the hours of sleep i have lost, and gray hairs that have grown because of my numerous AP courses and extracurrics, when it all comes down to it, i really love it. if i had an option to, i still wouldn't take less AP courses or do less activities because...i love being ambitious and doing leadership-y stuff! i'm so glad i just have the opportunity(ies) to learn and do diverse activities. plus you get to meet awesome friends and teachers! school is def one of my fav things in life and i can't wait til college. :)
- all the activities that i am a part of: writing for my school magazine, being part of our school's broadcast class, Class of Fashion (oh yeah!), Fostering Tunes, art appreciation club (oh my gosh, so excited to see picasso's stuff in a few weeks), my past internships, just.. man! life is good and i love it.
- time to chill. i should be doing my apps, but i felt the urge to blog, so yeah. but i really needed this time off. phew.
- i can't believe this is on my list, but cute boys. i mean c'mon, life would be so bland without those crushes. tom felton is mah man. (just last night, i found out my parents read my blog... but uh.. oh well...) here's another link.
- God & life. thanks for everything. :)
"If you look for something to be thankful for, you will always find it."
ps. here's a free owl print that you can print! :)