Friday, October 1, 2010

No regrets, just love

Another week went by - gee whiz! - and of course I have some photos to share! Life has been quite splendid yet a little overwhelming. I'm so glad my English class is assigning the college application essay as a class assignment, otherwise I'm not sure where I would squeeze in the time to write it! It's weird how you "make time" for stuff.

But anyway, I just can't wait til the day I get accepted to somewhere and I know where I'll be spending the next four years of my life. I think I talk about college and college apps in every post - so sorry! - but it really has consumed my thoughts, and at the same time, I kind of like it! I love looking at the different schools and learning about them, knowing I'll be building myself up at one of those places.

So here is:


click images to enlarge

Last weekend:
Volunteering for the Emergency Feeding Program's Mayor's Day of Concern for the Hungry. We handed out flyers to passing grocery shoppers so they could buy some canned food to donate on their way shopping! We collected over 8 barrels of food for the homeless! Yayyy! :))

It was really funny. We encountered some strange people. And it's kind of frustrating when you meet people that bluntly state "No." even before you say three words. I'd be like "Hi! Would you like to...." "No!" and they usually raise their chin or wave their hand at the same time. I mean, they don't even think about it! I wish people would be more open minded sometimes. My friends experienced some weird fellows too; some guy was like "Why do you donate to me? I can't afford groceries." I'm not sure how to respond to that... but... yeah... nevertheless, it was so beautiful to see people donate when they did! It made it that much more special. We're all in this together! :)

My cute Thai friend. :]]



Monday:


shirt - Delias
necklace - buckle??


Tuesday:
She & Him is going to perform in Seattle in a few weeks! For my school's Art Appreciation Club, we're hopefully going to go see them. So in celebration:
(love this video) :)


Wednesday:
so so sleepy. I've been sleeping at 12 every night studying and procrastinating. It's a terrible cycle and I try to stop, but it doesn't quite work. Thus, when it's lecture time in AP Calc, I'm half-asleep and here are my... notes? It makes me laugh looking back at it. I have no idea what the lecture was and I can't tell by my sleepy handwriting either. It's weird cuz at the moment, I thought I was awake and writing good and legible notes. Oh well!


Thursday:
Second episode of iVision - my school's TV announcements! It's really exciting to be a talent for the show! I'm excited to get to make videos and do field reports later on too. :] Maybe this Communication deal is for me? I tried to dress business casual fo da sho. (these bathroom stall photos are quite embarrassing but just bear with me) ;)




blazer - Ciel's Boutique
shorts - Qua in South Korea
tank top - Papaya

shoes - Payless
(I actually scored those at a garage sale for a buck!)

backpack - Kipling

Friday:
SO SO TGIF-ing! Phew! Sleep in time! (Purple beads for a touch of school spirit) It's so fun to take photos and play around with the camera. I was waiting for my ride to go home after school, and what's a better way to spend waiting time! :] A passing teacher gave me a weird look when I was posing, but heyyo!


I like the lines and shadows in this photo.



Look at those foreboding clouds!

These are the pics where I got some strange looks. hehheh.
gif animator

dress - Abercrombie and Fitch
cardigan - street vendor in South Korea
shoes - Cathy Jean


song of the moment -
teenage dream - katy perry
(I'm not a big Katy Perry fan, but for some reason, I've been enjoying her Teenage Dream album lots! I love that part in California Gurls where it goes "You can travel the wuh-urld, but nothing comes close to the golden cooooaaastt-") :)


PS! I have a suh-weet Class of Fashion post coming soon! Watch out brothas!

5 comments:

Kenya said...

tanks for your cute comment,i love the dress,, it's beautifull

see you

Wendan said...

Love the navy blazer! :)

noone said...

I LOVE that katy perry song! and so nice that you volunteered to help out, haha yeah there are a lot of rude people out there that's for sure

Anonymous said...

i love your friday pictureees.

Beverley said...

hehe i love that last photo with a touch of animation. and it looks like you had a pretty busy week! keep it up girly!

http://bareleopard.blogspot.com/