Saturday, April 9, 2011

30 seconds of sunshine

there's nothin like a day spent with a good friend. i got to celebrate spring break not in cancun or maui but in da hills of washington suburbs by chillin with my photoskillz chum, Isabelle Chu (who has been featured on Class of Fashion a lot and taken my photos previously) :) besides taking photos, we snuggled up on the couch to watch 500 days of summer. i've seen gifs and stills of that movie every day for months on tumblr, so i thought it was finally time. i was expecting a cheesy romantic flick, but it exceeded my expectations by far. and when i thought joseph gordon levitt was just really cute, he's...even cuter if that's possible. and random tidbit: later that night, it snowed. yes, you know it's april when it snows!

anywho, i hope you enjoy the photos and the outfit! i went shopping earlier this week and took advantage of an awesome banana republic sale. i realized my outfit was really.. grey so i tried to add some pop with the blue? heh. i was going to name this post "shades of grey" but we've all been there, done that--at least i have...

 
one of the rare shots we got in the 30 seconds of sunshine
 
 looks familiar? :) 

 Isabelle is a freakin fine photographer.


 Isabelle's personal favorite:

Washington is beautiful. I'll miss it next year...
 

and what's an post by erin kim without funny shots/outtakes:
 
falling with swag/style (more like the lack thereof)


a personal favorite:
so...i'll end on that classy note.

jacket - billabong, scarf - american apparel, shirt, shorts and tights - banana republic, shoes - nordstrom, bracelet - banana republic, sunglasses - a UC Berkeley college gear store...haha.

here's some shots of isabelle that i took. check out her blog for more pics! i got the privilege of picking out her outfit :)



song of the moment - 
"now that we're together, everything can only get better.
now that you're around, i swear i'm gonna love you forever"

6 comments:

LittleMissLee said...

cute outfit, looks like you had fun! love the detail on your shirt

http://blogoftheprettythings.blogspot.com/

xxx

Miranda said...

This is so cute! I love the shoes. Oh, and the outtake pictures :)

Catherine said...

This outfit is adorable! I love the monochromatic-ness of it. Usually I do it with black or blue, but I have so much gray that I oughta try it!

And I can't believe you hadn't watched 500 Days of Summer! It's my favorite movie. It's totally a rom-com, but it's quirkier and wittier.

And I haven't had the chance to comment on your blog since the layout/name change, but I love it! The title is perfect :D

xox

emily said...

i love sunshine :) you look beautiful here! your outfit is adorable! xxx

http://seasidegulls.blogspot.com/

Margaret said...

Oh, Washington, how much I miss you so. I've had enough of NYC. I want to go back to my lovely Palouse :)

You're rocking the shorts and tights so well. I wish I could do it, but it looks tacky on me!

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

that jacket is so amazing! i love it.