Thursday, March 14, 2013

the m in midterms stands for miserable (but this is a happy post i promise)

my blog post titles are getting longer. i dont know what that means. you can tell me though.
this week was kind of devastating in the mentally exhausting sort of way. and it's not helping that i'm starting this blog post at 12:30am. but it's ok because tomorrow is friday and i no longer have midterms. what's really funny is i technically only had one "midterm." the rest of my work this week was basically big hunks of work that decided to pretend like small-ish assignments that were actually huge-ish--basically midterms in disguise. i also think because everyone around me is collectively distraught, that i am, for some reason, justified to be distraught. i think i actually was personally distraught though. i guess i will never know, until it happens again. ew no.

BUT WHAT'S GREAT NOW is that it's all over and what better way to celebrate than by wearing my new shoes from DC's vintage store Secondi and by taking outfit photos.



so if you'll take a moment with me to check out the shoes i'm wearing...
you can observe that they kind of kick ass. i unearthed these cole haan gems (for a very reasonable price!) on my recent visit to DC for the first time. as an "american" i am a bit surprised at my soul for never visiting america's capital location, but i can now say that i have been christened as a total america; i obviously have the cole haan oxfords to prove it. 

on TOP of terminating midterms week, wearing these shoes just made me feel STELLAR. i have been dreaming of these kind of shoes for months but never found them in my size (5 or 5.5) so naturally most of my outfit photos ended up looking like...
how to make a gif



shirt - banana republic, dress - gift, tights - jcrew, shoes - cole haan via secondi

for your personal record, here are more embarrassing photos conjoined into a gif so you can appreciate my poses in which i look like i'm either going to bust someone's ass or like i just heard the start to "don't stop til you get enough" by MJ so i'm about to bust someone's ass for playing such a glorious song. 
gifs
#embarassingphotosinwhichilooklikeimgonnabustsomeonesass

song of the moment
dont stop til you get enough - MJ