Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Reminiscing NYFW: Christian Siriano SS13


It's funny how I'm reminiscing fashion show that are for next spring/summer when I'm just getting over the fact that this summer is long gone. NYFW is such a timelined event--all things fashion rise like a tidal wave in those few days and before you know it fashion culture seems to subside. Anywho, I don't know what I've been waiting for in keep these photos to myself, so thought I'd share the NYFW love. 

A perk about being a college student in the city is definitely the ability to hit up New York Fashion Week like a boss. Christian Siriano's show was probably my favorite out of the few shows I was fortunate enough to attend. I wrote a pretty delectable review of the show for my school's paper so I'm not going to let you read it. If you're too lazy to click the link--oh our society--here it is. Read it. Because I'm actually proud of this article and I am rarely willing to flaunt my writing. 

"Set at the dimly lit Eyebeam Studios in the Meatpacking District, fashion savvy citizens including Brad Goreski and Natasha Bedingfield, were in for a treat. Literally.

(She looks like she's going to eat Brad like a mochi)







Think of your favorite dessert. Baby blue icing blanketed over a decadently sweet cupcake topped with bubble gum pink sprinkles. Something fondly familiar, but every time so new. Transfer those hues, that flavor and those uninhibited good times into metallic blue fabrics, sherbet colored gowns, and seafoam accesories. This is Christian Siriano’s Spring/Summer 2013 collection.





With whimsically fluid moving dresses, his pieces charm you like the sweet glaze of icing brushing against your lips. Inspiring this treat is the classic, A Midsummer Night’s Dream. Layers of colored tulle ruffle over each other, blending magically, reminding Siriano of a favorite Degas painting, Three Ballet Dancers. Light and romantic is the name of the game but magnificently bright crystal rhinestones prove this collection is no joke. Folded ribbon bow detail on his Julie heels are reminiscent of something on a wedding cake. And for the first time, Siriano included a flat shoe, more specifically a ballerina oxford.












Soft top buns and light, shimmering make up keep the ballerina feel and sweet tone. And who says sweet can’t be serious, Siriano makes it work. Once the lavender and blue infused watercolor gown hit the runway, a gasp of awe flew into the studio, eyes aglow at the strapless tiered tulle gown.


(When these chicas stepped on the runway and strut their strut for half a minute, all I could think of was Mean Girls)  

And trends? Consider mermaid and girly girl hues, but with no shortage of rocking pixie girl metallics. Siriano is killing us softly and the crowd is eating it up."

I wish he was my best friend. For the record, he gave me a hug at his store opening during Fashion's Night Out. He is so bright and fabulous, and exuded lots of excitement when I asked him about his favorite piece for his new collection at the store, which turned out to be his bright magenta pieces. :) 

For the record, here is the actual article in Washington Square News.

GUD NYTE

1 comment:

blacknail said...

Tehe, you go girl :-)